But once he got into the yard we ran into problems with the splitter. First mice damage, then more problems, and finally we decided to replace the engine. We had gotten about twenty years out of a "throw away" from the late fifties or early sixties - no complaints here!
Now it works and yesterday we started with some wood for the pottery kiln
Then we started splitting and stacking and emptied a trailer. There are now one and a half more ricks cut and stacked for next winter. Ken has more to split and some to buzz. The next nice day we will keep at it. The we will cut larger wood for wood stove downstairs.