Well! This year I have taken some time to repair wear and tear on the fabric aprons on both looms. First the one downstairs with a long sectional warp that I have been weaving various denim combinations the last couple years.
Then I repaired the apron on the upstairs loom. And then I got warp on that loom - probably only enough for a couple rugs. was using up the warp I had used during a Scandinavian Weaving class I took a couple years ago. It is a heavier natural warp. I also tried some new techniques I learned in that class. Although I made a few mistake, It did go more smoothly. Thanks to Ken! It goes so much more smoothly and quickly with three hands.
First I put the warp on lease sticks.
Then I spread it out on a raddle.
Then I threaded the heddles.
Then I switched reeds and sleyed the reed.
Finally I tied on and wove some old t-shirt fabric to spread the warp. Ready to go.
Then I returned downstairs and started weaving - only to find a problem so I had to take out and fix.
Now I am ready to go! On both looms!