Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Hog Accomodations


Thursday Ken and I moved the new pig shelter aka (also known as) the Hog Hilton to the pig yard. Ken hauled it in with tractor while I nervously opened and closed the gate to get the tractor inside the pig yard and again to get the tractor outside the pig yard.



I did not want any escapees on my watch! All Ken purchased was some screws!
















Once the mission was accomplished, Ken got in for picking rocks. The pigs dig up rocks, but they don't make tidy piles of them - yet! So, Ken does this on a regular basis.

As you can see, the pigs are not an aggressive bunch...























And today as I went to the field to pick beans, the pigs were way across the pig yard in a damp spot - cooling off.















But as I approached they became a thundering herd.






Who says pigs can't run?












Or turn on the brakes...


No comments:

Post a Comment