Sunday, January 23, 2011

Color studies

This week I have started working shifts at the art gallery co-operative, artZ on the main street in Amery, Wisconsin where Ken has pottery. The artists take turns working at sales and other tasks as needed.

While at the gallery, I have been filling my time between shoppers with color studies. I have a small hand loom and I make potholders from cotton loopers left over from the sock industry.



Some people look askance, and ask in a patronizing voice why am I working on a dinky child's loom making something as mundane as potholders... I laugh and say, "Well, these are my color studies. I would rather make a mistake on a potholder to use and burn up than invest hours in a rug that is a disaster!"

1 comment:

  1. I would have told them,'Cause I wanna!' and stuck my tongue out at them :)

    ReplyDelete