Friday, June 25, 2010

Organic Makes Mainstream National News

Last night on the NBC national newscast, under health issues, there was a segment on ORGANIC. And unlike most of what I see on television, much of what was said could have come from my mouth! First, organic usually costs more. Second, organic takes more work. Third, organic does not have harmful pesticides (I would have said petrochemicals; people can use organic pesticides that kill honeybees).

Finally, the part I was most excited about: making choices based on the most sprayed and toxic food that is raised conventionally - and that is what I have been saying to people for years - avoid strawberries, spinach, peppers, potatoes, stone fruit like peaches, cherries, plums unless you KNOW they have not been sprayed.

I was amazed and impressed by this calm, rational segment that gave people sound advice. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment